Future of the English speaking area of the forum?

• I've been visiting this forum intermittently for the past year or so, always hoping that I'd someday start to see some more activity in the English-speaking area of the forum. While I do understand most of the German posts, it's of course more comfortable to write in one's mother-tongue when dealing with a topic as sensitive as this . . . currently the total number of posts in the English section of this forum account for only 0.86% of the total posts on the forum.

So with that having been said, who else here feels the same? What can we do to encourage more people to post here? Is such a thing even possible, or is the number of English-speaking scat fetishists really that small? :(

• ANZEIGE
  • I guess we just haven't reached critical mass yet. If a handful of people started creating new threads in the English speaking area and participating in them, that could already be a game changer. That needs to be driven by the international community, though, as every native German speaker (me included) would certainly prefer posting in their mother tongue, especially considering the number of responses one can expect. Also, most topics are already covered in the German area anyway and I think those who read (and understand) those are probably not keen on creating the same topics again in another language. But I'm quite certain that a considerable number of Germans would also participate in English threads if we could only get it started.

• There seems to be a higher concentration of scat lovers in Germany than in any other country. There are probably many English-speaking people into this too, but they don't post either because they think this is a German only board (the English section is not easy to come by, gotta scroll all the way down), or because they are discouraged by the lack of activity in the English section.

For proof of this last statement have a look at the recently registered members. 12 English-speaking people registered over the last 3 days, yet none of them made a single post, most likely giving up because of the lack of activity. That's precisely the reason I never posted myself, until now.

One idea not hard to implement would be to Google translate all posts from the German section and paste them into the English section. I think this could spark a new life into this section, and give an incentive to newly registered members to share their experience and thoughts.

• Dieses Thema enthält 16 weitere Beiträge, die nur für registrierte Benutzer sichtbar sind, bitte registriere dich oder melde dich an um diese lesen zu können.